Thursday, November 10, 2022

awaken the dawn: One Year Bible Reading for November 10



Today we read these verses in the One Year Bible:

Ezekiel 21:1-22:31
Hebrews 10:1-17
Psalm 108:1-13
Proverbs 27:12 

Let's look at the Psalm. David says, "Awake, harp and lyre: I will awaken the dawn." He's talking about using music to praise God for all He's done. And we should do exactly the same thing!

Now, you might not be like me. You might be able to sing beautifully! I save my singing for the shower. But no matter if you can sing like an angel or if you "make a joyful noise" like me, you should raise your voice and your instruments in praise to God. 

The birds and other animals do it every day. Don't know how to play an instrument? Never too late to learn! I think we'll all be playing them in heaven.

God, thanks for reminding us to make a joyful noise.
 

No comments: