Thursday, April 28, 2016

when God meddles

Lewis tells us about our place in the universe today in A Year With C.S. Lewis.

The phrase that really caught me was the very last one. He says that we are living "not of ourselves, but from Christ."

And that reminds me of my prayer from my walk today. I was looking forward, and seeing things that could make me worry. But I look back, and I see how wonderfully God has always been faithful to work things for my good. So I trust Him to work things out in the future, too.

See, He's given us free will, like we discussed in a previous blog. But when WE choose to ask Him to get involved in our lives, He starts meddling. Sometimes He pokes His nose into things that we'd rather He stay out of. At least, in our foolishness we THINK we'd rather He stay out of it. But once He starts meddling, we see that He has made things better. Every time He changes something, He makes it awesome. He's good at that.

So I encourage you to invite Him in. Ask Him to start meddling in your affairs.

You'll be amazed what He does.

Thanks, God, for meddling - especially when I don't think I want you to.

3 comments:

Julie said...

He knows what He's doing

Unknown said...

No doubt about it, He knows what's best for each one of us better than we do.

Unknown said...

No doubt about it, He knows what's best for each one of us better than we do.