Tuesday, February 23, 2016

at the center

Lewis talks about what we put at the center of our lives today in A Year with C.S. Lewis.

He says that all of history is a telling of the story of people trying to put something besides God at the center of their lives. Nothing else will satisfy, he lets us know.

And yet we try. I know I do. Every day I find myself trying to put something else at the center. Even though I know He is the only one who can fulfill my deepest longings and wishes, I still try to put other things there.

Thankfully He's there to remind me, over and over again, that He is the one who belongs at the center. He patiently waits for me to be miserable yet again as I try to put something else in His place, and then He responds when I ask Him to come back to my center.

Thanks be to God.