Sunday, July 20, 2014

Ready Player One

People often ask me for a good book to read.   It goes with the job... I work in a bookstore.
Ever since I read one certain book, that book is the first one that comes to mind when someone asks.   I have to make sure they are OK with scifi before I suggest it.   And it helps if they grew up in the 80's.   But even if not, the best book I've read in the last five years is Ready Player One by Ernest Cline.
The premise is really good... A multibillion dollar fortune is the prize in a virtual reality video game.   One poor kid finds the first clue and the race is on.
The story telling is top notch.   And there are really great 80's references throughout the book.
I highly recommend it.   Especially if you love scifi or the 80's... But even if you just love great books.   You can't go wrong with Ready Player One.

No comments: