Thursday, July 17, 2014

Dawn of the Planet of the Apes

I was surprised how much I liked this movie.   I haven't been a huge fan of the series... I've mostly put up with them more than anything.  

But this one is good.   The story is well done, with interesting good guys and interesting bad guys... Both found in human AND ape variety.

The CGI is fantastic.   Andy Serkis (who played Gollum) is wonderful as Caesar.   Keri Russell gives a nice supporting role, as does Gary Oldman (who can do no wrong in my book).

Some nice flash backs to previous films.   But mostly the story grabbed me.   Until the end, I was wondering what was going to happen... And I was pleased with the ending.

I saw it in 3D but I don't think it's necessary.   It is quite a spectacle though, so I recommend seeing it on a big screen.

Hope you enjoy it!

No comments: