Monday, October 17, 2022

don't be a sore tooth: One Year Bible Reading for October 17


 Today we read from these verses in the One Year Bible:

Jeremiah 30:1-31:26
1 Timothy 2:1-15
Psalm 87:1-7
Proverbs 25:18-19 

Let's look at the proverb. The writer (probably Solomon) tells us that biting on a sore tooth is like relying on someone who lets you down. And that's the theme of tonight's blog. I'm encouraging you to be someone who can be relied on.

So many people today aren't good for their word. They'll tell you one thing and do something else. They'll lie to your face. They'll promise something and then let you down. I can't tell you how many times people in my Uber tell me they'll give me a big tip and then stiff me. It's sad that you can't take people at their word anymore.

But YOU can change that in YOUR life! You can be a person of their word. Let your yes be yes and your no, no. Be someone who always does what you say. Once you start acting that way consistently, people will realize they can depend on you. And that's a great feeling.

God, thanks for teaching us not to be sore teeth.

No comments: