Monday, November 16, 2020

when God speaks to you


 Today in the One Year Bible, we read from Ezekiel 31:1-32:32. In this passage, God tells Ezekiel to give a word of condemnation to Pharaoh. That the king of Egypt had become very proud and stopped listening to God, so God was going to get his attention.

But let's back up from the message, and think about God speaking to Ezekiel. God still speaks to us today, did you know that? There are many ways He speaks to us, most especially through the Bible. He also speaks through the wisdom of friends, and through our conscience. But sometimes, He puts ideas into our minds. He brings a friend to mind that we need to pray for. He reminds us of something we need to repent of. And when He does, there is always kindness in His voice. When He reminds me of something I need to fix in my life, He not only tells me what it is, but He makes me WANT to change it. 

But I need your help with something, you who are reading this right now. See, there are other spirits that speak to us, too. And I have a friend who practices meditation, and recently she has reported that some spirits have been speaking to her. This snake creature appeared to her in her meditative state, and told her that its name was Naga, which is a Hindu god she found out later. And then an elephant creature appeared to her. She is seeing them as "guiding lights", and is open to listening to what they tell her. Say a prayer for her, that she'll see them as the dangerous spirits that they are, and find the true spirit of God that will lead her to the truth. 

And I encourage you to listen. Seek His face. Ask Him what you should do today. He'll teach you. 

God, thanks for the spirit of Truth. Please help my friend find You.