Thursday, February 1, 2024

actually doing what He says


Today in the One Year Bible we read from Matthew 21:23-46. Jesus tells a story of two brothers. One says he won't do his father's command, but then he does. The other says he will, but doesn't do it.

Simple lesson, right? But I find myself being the second brother so many times. I acknowledge that what God is telling us should be done. I pray "Thy kingdom come, thy will be done on earth as it is in heaven." But then when it comes to actual decision making in my life, I don't do much feeding the hungry, clothing the naked, visiting the sick... I do way too much feeding myself and buying too many clothes and playing games instead of visiting those who feel alone. 

Let's do better. Let's tell Him yes... and then actually do it. 

God, thank You for being patient with us when we say one thing and do another. Help us do Your will. 

No comments: