Tuesday, February 20, 2018

not sure what we're doing

In today's gospel in the One Year Bible, we hear Jesus saying that the Kingdom of God is like a farmer who doesn't understand how his crops grow.

And there is alot of truth to that. Jesus has told us in other places not to "let our right hand know what our left hand is doing." In other words, much of what we do for God is going to be things that even we ourselves don't entirely understand.

I don't know about you, but that makes me feel alot better. Because there are days, man, when I really don't get what it's about. I can see that God is using me here or there to do some good. But the big plan... it often eludes me. When I look BACK at my life, I can often see how He's tied things together. But when I'm in it... I'm often puzzled, like the little baby in the picture, as to what He's doing exactly.

The thing we have to remember through it all is that He honors our efforts to serve Him. We won't always understand how it all works together. We will often be puzzled why we have to do XYZ or say something to a certain person today. But He knows what He's doing. And when we serve Him to the best of our abilities, we might not understand exactly what He's up to, but we can trust that He will work all of it for our good.

God thanks for being the master orchestrator, whom we can trust even when we don't understand the tune.