Saturday, January 23, 2016

who do you trust?

We're reading A Year with C.S Lewis, available from bn.com as an e-book for $2.99. Today we read the January 23 reading.

Lewis makes a very insightful statement today. He teaches us that we, all of us, accept things we believe on authority. Some people like to believe that they only accept what can be proven... but as he demonstrates, no one proves everything, or can.

So what it comes down to is who to trust. Some authorities say one thing, and some say another. Sometimes the authorities contradict each other. Who do you trust?

For me, I have seen truth in one place. I have found depth, richness, and meaning from a source, and I trust that source to continue giving me truth and meaning. I have heard lies from other sources. I don't trust them anymore.

As with everything else... pray that God will show you who to trust. Because who you trust will determine whose authority you accept. And that will affect every decision of your life.

Thank You, God, for giving us authority that we can trust.