Monday, November 16, 2015

two mountains

Today's readings: Ezekiel 31:1-32:32, Hebrews 12:14-29, Psalms 113:1-114:29, Proverbs 27:18-20

Some pretty cool imagery in today's NT reading. I don't remember seeing this before, though I've read this passage many times. But the writer of Hebrews contrasts the mountain of the OT, with its dark clouds and ominous mood, with the mountain of the NT, full of joyful angels.

We are called to this mountain of joy. Do you feel like you live there? If you're like me, you might feel like you live there some days, but other days you're encamped at that dark OT mountain. How do we switch mountains?

Well, if you've read my blog at all, you know what I'm going to say. We ask. So many things in life we try to figure out on our own, try to make them happen, rather than asking God to do it. But God tells us: pray without ceasing. Ask, and you will receive. God WANTS to answer these prayers in our lives. He wants us to live in joy, with thankful hearts, in His presence, full of wisdom and love.

Just ask.

Thanks, God, for calling us to live at the joyful mountain.

1 comment:

Julie said...

Am I headed to the joyful mountain?