Saturday, November 14, 2015

God speaks to us today

Today's readings: Ezekiel 29:1-30:26, Hebrews 11:32-12:13, Psalm 112:1-10, Proverbs 27:17

So it would appear that God looked down and saw what was happening in Paris and around the world, and gave us our reading for today in response to it. I mean... wow. Read Hebrews 11:32-12:13 and tell me that God isn't giving us advice for our situation today.

Since we're surrounded by such a great cloud of witnesses... all of these people who have done such amazing things for God... let's throw our sins aside and run this race. My favorite part is "Take a new grip with your tired hands and strengthen your weak knees." That's how I feel tonight... I'm spent. But I take a new grip with these tired hands, and I set out my path ahead of me.

And I run.

God, thanks for giving strength to our weak bodies. Help us to run this race and finish strong.

2 comments:

Marcia Tapp said...

We shall run and not grow weary; we shall walk and not faint.

Julie said...

It is always so amazing that the readings are just what we need when we need them. When our eyes are focused on our Savior our problems seem to sometimes appear to be meaningless, one of my fav books is "In the eye of the storm," it is a retread for me over and over and it always has parts that I didn't notice before that really speak to me in my present circumstances. Praise God for the God inspired writing for us to find when we need them..