Thursday, October 22, 2015

is money evil?

Today's readings (and yesterday's) - Jeremiah 37:1-41:18, 1 Timothy 6:1- 2 Tim 1:18, Psalm 90:1-91:16, Prov 26:1-2

So I'm playing catchup. I got home from Rome last night at midnight, and had to work today. So I'm getting caught up on stuff...

The biggest verse that jumps out at me is the segment where Paul talks about money. He says that the love of money is the root of all kinds of evil. NOT, I point out, that money itself is the root of all evil, as some people say.

Then he says to USE your money to help people and make the world a better place. And to use it to store up treasure in heaven. Good advice! Having money is not bad. Loving money will lead you down the wrong path. Using money to help people and do good in the world is a great thing.

So let's follow his advice and use the wealth that God has given us to help people - storing up treasure in heaven.

Thanks, God, for all Your blessings in their various forms.

1 comment: