Friday, May 15, 2015

who is He?

today's readings: 1 Sam 17:1-18:4, John 8:21-30, Psalm 111:1-10, Proverbs 15:11

today the people ask Jesus the most important question in the history of the world.

they ask Him "who are You??"

that's a question we have to answer, each of us, in our lives. who is Jesus? and we don't have to just answer it once. we have to answer that question every day.

is Jesus my God today? or is He just someone I used to know? someone that I once loved, but isn't so important to me anymore? am I showing by my priorities and by my actions that He is the most important person in my life?

obviously the answer to that question will sometimes be no. there will be days that He ISN'T the most important thing in our lives. when we put ourselves first. but it only takes one little prayer to get things back the way they should be.

as a very wise person recently said, God never gets tired of forgiving us. may we never get tired of asking, so we can put Him first in our lives again.

God, please forgive me of my sins, and please help me to put you first every day.

1 comment:

Julie said...

Once again well stated. He is the truth. Those who want to live the truth must seek Him everyday every hour, and in all things we say and do. Do I? No, but each day and each hour and in all things I say and do, I am trying.