Friday, April 24, 2015

could it be..... Satan?

today's readings: Judges 1:1-2:9, Luke 21:29-22:13, Psalms 90:1-91:16, Proverbs 13:24-25

so i accidentally did the readings for the 24th yesterday (because i wrote it after midnight) so i'm doing the readings for the 23rd today.

what jumped out at me was when Satan jumped into Judas Iscariot. that's a pretty scary thing the gospel says there. Satan entered Judas. I wonder how that happened. how did Judas get to the place where, even after spending every day with Jesus for three years (ish), he was open to Satan entering him?

it shows that no matter how much time we spend doing religious things.... we can still be far from Him in our hearts. He had the sternest words for the most religious people during His time... and the kindest, most forgiving words for the worst sinners.

i guess that makes me feel better, being the miserable sinner that i am. :)

God, please help me to walk close to you in my heart as well as with my feet.

1 comment:

Julie said...

I noticed but remained silent, big surprise, Mom silent. Have you ever experienced the small still voice that says....... Don't do it. Well, maybe I've heard of people who have heard it.....lol. That is the struggle in us to do what God would have us to do. In the world we live in now the absence of right and wrong has blurred the "voices" that speak to us that help us to decide if this/that is what God would have us do. When our sons were growing up I remember the famous saying of, " just because everyone else is doing it doesn't make it right." This is an example of our allowing an area in our life to allow satan to begin to attack us and alter who we are. I don't believe that Judas set out to betray Jesus but.....little by little one sin at at time....is your focus money, fame, things, stature, car, house, outward appearance or "God what would you have me to do?" If you are in communication with God then satan has less and less chance to lead you away.
God you know my heart, help me to stay in constant communication with you to keep satan from convincing me that "everyone else is doing it" and leading me away.