Monday, March 2, 2015

grow my faith!

today's readings: Leviticus 25:47-27:13, Mark 10:32-52, Psalm 45:1-17, Proverbs 10:22

when Jesus heals the blind man, He says "your faith has healed you." and He made it clear the other day that He wasn't able to do many miracles in his hometown because of their lack of faith.

that's interesting. God can only do so much in our lives, based on how much faith we have. that's true today as well as 2000 years ago. so how can I grow my faith so that He can do more in my life?

well, reading is a big way to do that. when you read stories of Him doing amazing things, it grows your faith. you are able to believe that He might do something similar in your life.

prayer is one of the best ways, though. if you lack faith, ask for more! there are prayers that we know for sure God will answer... and one of them is when we ask for faith. why would He NOT answer that? of course He will. ask for faith, and then trust Him to give it to you. He will, I promise.

God, please grow my faith, so that you can do more amazing things in my life.

No comments: