Sunday, February 8, 2015

the least of these

today's readings are Exodus 28:1-43, Matt 25:31-26:13, Psalm 31:9-18, and Prov 8:12-13

what we do unto the least of these, our brothers, we do to Jesus.

this struck home pretty hard today, especially since I heard a radio show on NPR today about teens in jail and how one guy spent over 300 days in solitary confinement.

we meet Jesus in many ways. when we see the poor and homeless... there's Jesus. do we ignore Him, avoid eye contact and rush by Him?

He is in the church, waiting for us. do we make excuses and not go meet with Him?

He is in prison, suffering. He is desperate for visitors, to ease His pain and lessen His loneliness.

God, please help me to visit You where Your children most need me to.

1 comment:

Julie said...

Living in California is (to me) such a pleasure. However, it does have its draw backs in the fact that I was much more comfortable responding to people in need (strangers) when I've lived in other states. When I see people hanging out in parking lots and such I usually want to scurry on past. Not out of lack of desire to help but fear, getting old has its disadvantages as many people like to prey on the old. Wish they would pray not prey. Remind me Lord to stop and purchase gift cards to restaurants so when I met them I can give them food with the cards not scurry on by them.