Thursday, June 21, 2018

every little thing we do is magic


Today in the One Year Bible, we read from Psalm 139:1-24. We read that God knows every little thing about us. When we lie down, when we rise. He knows what we'll say before we say it.

One thing I've found to be very helpful in my life is to ask God to help me WANT to do the things I need to do each day. To give me the motivation to do the things He wants me to do, even if those things are simple like making my bed or getting gas for my car. Not everything that God wants us to do each day is "spiritual", but He can and will give us the desire to do the things we need to do if we ask Him to. And involving Him in our daily routine helps us to keep Him in our thoughts as we go about our day. It turns every task, no matter how small, into a form of ora et labora... "prayer and work".

Feel free to steal my idea. :)

God, thank You for carrying about every little thing we do. Help us do it all for Your glory.