Saturday, December 31, 2016

one good thing about 2016

Lewis tells us about getting INTO beauty today in A Year with C.S. Lewis.

2016 was a very tough year for me. I'm very glad it's over. But there were some good things about it. The beauty that Lewis tells us about did shine into my life through two or three rays.

One is spending the year with Lewis. It has been a delight reading him each day and reflecting on his words. He has definitely inspired me to think about things that I wouldn't have without him. I'm glad he was with me as my personal Virgil, as I traveled down into the Inferno and back out again.

Two is my friends, which Lewis talks about in the quote above. My friends, both in my family and outside of it, helped me through the year. They lifted me up and prayed for me, made me laugh and gave me perspective. I looked forward to my times with them, and that got me through the tough times. I'm very grateful.

As we all say goodbye to 2016, and some of us say goodbye to Lewis (the Year with C.S. Lewis is now officially over), I feel like a little of that beauty he talks about HAS passed into us this year, through his words.

God, thank You for giving us this year with C.S. Lewis, and thank You that this challenging year is finally over.

No comments: