Tuesday, July 19, 2016

when Jesus meets you

Lewis tells us about dying and the life that comes from it today in A Year with C.S. Lewis.

He says that we have to die to ourselves... in order to find the selves that He has for us. That everything in our lives needs to die and be reborn. Which is another way of saying that we need for Him to redeem our entire lives.

On a personal note, one of my best friends passed away this morning. It was very difficult to hear this news, and I was in pain and felt depressed after hearing about it. I went to church, needing very much to meet with Jesus. And He met me there.

Jesus reminded me how amazing God is. He reminded me how much I can trust Him with everything. Even this. Even my friend's ultimate journey. Even my pain, my sorrow, my grief. He will take all of it, and He will redeem it. And He will make all things good.

For my dear friend, she is meeting Jesus face to face now. Her pain is over, her deepest joy begins. I will miss her dearly, but I'm so glad that her suffering is done.

In light of her departure, I needed to meet Him, too, if only through a glass, darkly. And He didn't disappoint.

He never disappoints, if we trust Him and wait for His perfect timing.

God, thank You for bringing my dear friend gently home. And thank You for meeting me when I desperately needed You.

3 comments:

Julie said...

I picture your friend walking along a county looking road smiling from ear to ear as the lamb of God comes to meet her.

Marcia Tapp said...

Lovely and full of hope

Unknown said...

That is what so amazing about this intimate relationship we have with our Heavenly Papa. He is always there when we need Him most. He never leaves us or forsake us. Sorry for your lose, but the assurance you that you have that you will see your dear friend in Heaven in her Heavenly body should give such Peace. Thank you for always sharing from your heart.