Friday, September 11, 2015

M Night Shyamalan's The Visit - I recommend it!

I saw The Visit tonight. It was good! I recommend it. Don't take the kids.

Two kids, a boy and his sister, go to visit their grandparents for a week while their mom goes on vacation. The kids are amusing, and their shenanigans are endearing and make you care about them.

The grandparents start acting REALLY strangely. Things get worse. Then.... well, I can't tell you, because it would spoil the movie. But let's just say this is clearly an M. Night Shyamalan movie.

There is brief nudity (an old woman's butt) and strong language, as well as some very scary moments and some pretty disturbing violence. I wouldn't take kids. The ending is pretty adult.

I will only give you this one bit... there was a moment when the entire theater I was in, all together, said "OHHHHHHHHHHH!!!!" Very visceral moment.

Go see it.

No comments: