Wednesday, July 15, 2015

His goodness

today's readings: 1 Chron 16:37-18:17, Romans 2:1-24, Psalm 10:16-18, Prov 19:8-9

so Paul continues the theme started yesterday, which we talked about. he goes on to say that we should in fact be merciful and not judgmental to people who are destroying their own lives in sin. because, he says, we're doing the same thing! we are liars if we claim to be without sin, because we all sin.

but, in a beautiful, scintillating verse, Paul says in Romans 2:4 that God's goodness leads us to repent from our sins. and i know that's true in my life. when i get selfish and mad and start thinking i'll just do things my way, He does something amazing and beautiful and kind in my life, and it melts my heart of stone, and leads me to return to Him.

thank You, God, for your kindness which is new every morning.

1 comment:

Julie said...

Amen. And from the Proverbs, "A false witness will not go unpunished and a liar will be destroyed."