Thursday, July 9, 2015

except for these chains

today's readings: 1 Chronicles 5:18-6:81, Acts 26:1-32, Psalm 6:1-10, Proverbs 18:20-21

in today's reading, Paul tells Festus that he wishes everyone could be like Paul, except for his chains.

as i'm writing this, a dear friend of mine is dealing with her abusive boyfriend. it's 4am, and she's texting me as she deals with trying to break it off and still keep her life together. this, on top of just finding out that her close friend from childhood just passed away in a 4 wheeler accident.

we all have chains, don't we? we all have struggles. we all deal with our demons, and fight against what tries to destroy us.

Paul's chains were because he did what God wanted. not all of us can make that claim. but we can all wish that others were like us in the good, and that they avoid the evil, the chains, that tie us down, just like Paul did.

God, please help me share my joy, and free me from my chains when the time is right.

No comments: