Tuesday, March 31, 2015

is He a tame Lion?

today's readings: Deut 16:1-17:20, Luke 9:7-27, Psalm 72:1-20, Proverbs 12:8-9

today something interesting happens in the Gospel. Jesus and His disciples slip away from the crowd and go to a smaller town so they'll have time to breathe and pray.

the crowds (somehow) find out where they're going. they follow them. and what does Jesus do?

He welcomes them.

this is what God does. for some reason I don't fully understand, God slips away sometimes. CS Lewis talks about this in the Chronicles of Narnia. He explains that Aslan is not a tame lion... and He will disappear sometimes. that doesn't mean He's abandoning us... He never does. but for some reason, He goes off and gives us some room from time to time. (maybe it's because I'm being obnoxious and He needs some time away from me?)

in any case, when we go looking for Him, we find Him. and when we find Him, what does He do?

He welcomes us.

God please remind me to come look for you when you give me some space... because I'm stupid and I forget.

1 comment:

Julie said...

Well said. But my take on it is a little different. (You knew. I would) different but yet the same. In our human form we seek Him when we feel we need Him. Much Of the time we feel we can handle it on our own. How's that working for you? Yet as soon as we can't handle it we seek Him. And of course He welcomes us. He welcomes us with love when we seek Him. I think we are the one thinking we need space. Something to ponder.