Thursday, February 26, 2015

why is my heart sad?

today's readings: Leviticus 19:1-20:21, Mark 8:11-38, Psalm 42:1-11, Proverbs 10:17

so something kind of alarming happens in the gospel today. Jesus, upset with the Pharisees who demand that He prove who He is, leaves them. He gets back in the boat and goes somewhere else. the Pharisees probably felt like they won. but they lost everything.

the thing that leapt out at me today though was the Psalm. why is my heart sad? and it is so often. but it's so reassuring to read about other people who are sad, too. it reminds me that I'm not alone... and that there will be joy at the end of the sadness. why am I sad? I will hope in God.

God, please help me to put all of my trust in you, so that I don't make you sigh deeply like you did at the Pharisees and go away from me. please help me to do as the Psalmist says, and trust in you.

2 comments:

Julie said...

"Who do you say that I am?" How powerful is that? How do you answer this question? Christ asks us all this question and our response to this question is the most important question in our lives. Jesus help me to focus on you always and be ready and able to always show thru my actions who You are.

Unknown said...

There is nothing in this world or no one of a higher priority than my family. The creator of this world has paid for me to be His child. Therefore, He has the love of all my mind, heart, and soul.